Saturday, April 2, 2011

Day 15 ... Zucchini Pasta and Juicer Update

I have a little update on my juicer.  I was reading the reviews on DiscountJuicers.com and it looked like there were a lot of people that had problems with the Omega VRT 330.  The problem they were having is the problem the 330 HD is designed to fix - it has a harder filter basket so it doesn't break.

Since the Bed Bath and Beyond Juicer didn't have the "HD" in the name, I was a little nervous.  I hope I didn't waste my money, but I decided to cancel my Bed Bath and Beyond order and get the Omega VRT 330HD from Discount Juicers.  It cost a bit more, but I didn't want to have to worry about it breaking.  It's got a 10 year warranty, but it'd still be annoying if it broke and I have to wait 2 weeks to get the replacement part (as one of the reviews said).   So anyway, my juicer is ordered and hopefully I'll have it by next weekend. I'd love to do some juicing next weekend!!

Today was a pretty take it easy day - I just had Zucchini Pasta with Pesto Sauce for dinner.  I invited my sister over to have some.  It was really delicious and so nice and fresh:


We had raw coconut macaroons for desert.

Tomorrow I plan to spend a lot more time in the kitchen.  I plan to make a double batch of the corn tortillas and have the tacos again.  Plus, tomorrow is the the "Cucumber Party" on http://www.rawfoodtalk.com/, so I plan to make a cucumber & dill salad (from the Rawvolution recipe book).  And if time permits, I might make some sweet potato (yam) chips in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment