Saturday, April 30, 2011

So Excited!!!

I am so excited because last night I booked a stay at the Raw Vegan B&B run by the lovely Eva of Uncooking101.com in Martha's Vineyard!

I'm going May 31st-June 3rd. I've never been to Martha's Vineyard before. I am so excited. Here's some info about it:

http://uncooking101.com/site/raw-vegan-bed-and-breakfast/extended-fun/

Notice the days I am going includes the raw chef certification. I am so psyched! I'm not planning to quit my day job to become a raw chef, but this certification will be great to have so I can have the skills to keep my own diet interesting and also help others do the same.

Martha's Vineyard is a little bit of a hike from the NYC area (5 hours-ish + the ferry over to the island), but I think flying would take just as long, and lots of sitting and waiting. I dislike long car rides, but I'll just get out and stop frequently and make sure I have an awesome playlist ready on my iPod!!

I can't wait. Today is day 43 of me being raw. (so hard to believe!). At the moment, staying raw is pretty much a no-brainer for me. I definitely know it is making me feel a lot better, so I have no desire to mess with what's working.

Next Monday (in just a little over a week!!) my company is having a group cleanse. It's optional, but I signed up. I did it a couple years ago. This year is for 5 days and the first two days are a citrus cleanse, then you buy juices from a company that prepares juice cleanses. Normally we get from Blue Print Cleanse, but this years I found an AWESOME deal on GiltCity.com for 40% off of their competitor, Cooler Cleanse. I'm going to do Cooler Cleanse this year because the cleanses are very comparable and the price difference is huge - I just paid $104 plus shipping for my 3 day cleanse. Blueprint Cleanse is $195 + shipping.

I'm both scared and excited about next week's juice cleanse. But I'm super excited about the raw B&B!!!

Speaking of raw "cooking" - I've been keeping it simple this week but today I plan to make some Zuccini wraps, zucchini pasta and some fudge balls. I've got a dog walk tomorrow to raise money for cancer research so I thought the fudge balls would be fun to share with my team mates. (we'll be super careful though as dogs & chocolate do not mix!).

No comments:

Post a Comment