Sunday, April 3, 2011

Cucumber Salad

Woooo Hooo!!! I am more than half way there.

A couple things I've noticed the last couple of weeks - first, I know it's only been two weeks, but the last two weekends I have had so much energy.  I am amazed at how much that I am getting done on the weekends.  The weekends feel a lot more satisfying than they did before.

Today, I made two batches of raw tacos (shells, cheese & "meat") a batch of zucchini hummus, and have some nuts in the dehydrator that I'm going to candy later tonight.  I decided to use Ani Phyo's recipe which has agave, sea salt, cayenne, cardamom, nutmeg.  The recipe is for pecans, but I wanted to try a mixture of nuts so I am doing pecans, almonds, brazil nuts and cashews.   I am not sure what cardamom tastes like.  I hope I like it.  I also am not sure if I have nutmeg.  Hmmm ... these'll be interesting.  I do have pumpkin pie spice ...

Oh, and today I also made a Cucumber salad.  Raw Food Talk has a "party" to showcase a particular vegetable every Sunday.  Today, I made the cucumber salad recipe from the Rawvolution recipe book.  It's a pretty simple recipe but tasty - sliced cucumbers, dill, red onion in a blended dressing of apple cider vinegar, olive oil, lemon, salt and garlic.   It was a nice spring day today and this dish hit the spot at lunchtime.  Very tasty!!


I'm really looking forward to my juicer coming.  I ordered it from DiscountJuicers.com - since they are in California and I'm in the NYC metro area, I'm guessing it will probably take a week to come.  I'm hoping it comes before next weekend ... I'd love to test it out and do a bit of juicing next weekend.

2 comments:

  1. YUM! I make a cuke salad a lot like that!! Isn't it amazing how you can put such simple ingredients together and it taste so FRESH and VIBRANT and yummy together!! Sounds like you're doing fabulously!!!

    :-) xxo Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ava!! My juicer is going to arrive on Saturday. Maybe I'll make some cuke juice then! :-)

    ReplyDelete