So what are my observations?
- I've not really lost any weight - but that is probably my fault for getting my dehydrator so early on - the dehydrator makes it much easier for fats from nuts to sneak into my diet.
- I feel like I've lost weight regardless what the scale says - my pants are definitely a lot looser
- I haven't gained any weight!
- I feel better. I have so much more energy. I cannot believe it's just around 2:00 on Sunday and I've already accomplished so much. I have a lot more I want to accomplish and I don't feel like just sitting around ... I want to get up and get it done.
- I'm less achy. Before I went on raw I could not believe I could be so ache-y already at 43 ... it was a reality check for me because I'm NOT old. If I felt like that at this age, how will I feel when I'm 50 or 60 or 70 ... That said, I'm less achy, but do still have some aches and looking forward to those disappearing in the future.
- Being 100% raw was a lot easier than I expected it would be
I think I will still allow myself the chance to eat out and have some foods that are not raw, but I'm going to stay Vegan/Gluten-free and try to eat as much raw as I can. I think that makes a huge difference too. So going forward, 95% raw, but that 5% will be a rare occassion where I'm eating out or an emergency when I don't have any raw food with me.
So all in all, I think this experiment was a great success!