Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day 9 - Yesterday's Raw Tacos

Today is Sunday and I'm planning to take it fairly easy today.  I have some asparagus that needs to be eaten so for lunch today, I might try making an asparagus soup or putting the asparagus in the dehydrator for a while to see how it does. 

For dinner, I'll probably have left over tacos and then prepare some zucchini pasta to bring to work tomorrow or have ready to eat after work.

Yesterday I spent a good amount of time in and out of the kitchen.  I had been thinking of making wraps for sandwiches, but given I had some corn I needed to use, I decided to make tacos.  They were delicious!!!


The tortillas were soft, so I was able to fold them like a taco.  I just didn't bother cutting them round  - it was easier to just cut them in fourths after they were taken off the dehydrator sheets. 

The tortilla recipe is apparently from Matthew Kenney's Raw Food for Everyone.  I say apparently because I just googled "raw corn tortillas" and found the recipe online.   Here it is in case you want to try it:   http://www.adventuresinrawfood.com/raw-corn-tortillas

I also made some walnut taco meat. It's amazing how much it was like taco meat.  Almost unbelievable.  Next time though, I'd make it less salty by using less Bragg's or Nama Shoyu.  This is the receipe I used(http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=57888)

I also figured, what's a taco without cheese?  So I used the same cheese sauce that I used in the cheesy Kale/Onions recipe.

Overall, I'll say this recipe was a raving success!  I will definitely make it again.

Last night I also started another batch of the onion rings.  My sister likes them and I'm going to share some with my coworkers at work, so I made two onion's worth.  They are still in the dehydrator getting crispy, but should be "done" soon:


These are really tasty treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment