Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 4 ... My Excalibur Dehydrator has arrived!!

Today is day 4 of eating 100% raw.  I've been eating mostly raw for close to a month now, so other than giving up coffee and my vegan (not raw) protein powder in my morning smoothie, it hasn't really been too hard for me.  

Tonight I decided to make Ani Phyo's Polenta with Mushroom Ragout.  I have made it before and it is amazing.  I brought it to work to share with my vegetarian co-workers and they LOVED it.   Tonight I was a bit distracted because I'd just unpacked my brand-spakin' new Excalibur dehydrator.  I was a bit lax in measuring ingredients tonight (I did my best guestimates!), but it was a bit rich so I didn't eat a lot.  I should probably have somethign else to eat ... maybe a green salad.   Anyway, the Polenta is not a very colorful dish (looks a bit "blah,") but it is very tasty!   I modified the recipe a bit so it's a gravy instead of the Ragout that Ani has in her recipe.



I have cashews soaking right now to make some dehydrated onion snacks and cheesy kale chips.  I've cut the onions into nice rings on my brand new Oxo mandoline (which is really cool, but what a pain to disassemble and clean!).  The kale is cleaned and the leaves all separated with the thick stems removed.  It's going to be a late night!

Oh, and I'm using this recipe for the kale chips & also the onions. 

http://www.rawfoodtalk.com/showthread.php?t=47077

I also really like the kale chips just with olive oil, a little sea salt, cayenne pepper and garlic powder too, so I'll do some of the kale chips without the cashew mixture.  

I'll let you know tomorrow how it all turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment