Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day 8 - What's Going on with Our Food Supply?

I'm making my grocery list for the day.  I was planning to make some wraps for dinner and I also wanted to make some corn chips.   I am already wishing I'd gotten more than 4 Paraflex sheets for my dehydrator.

Well, given the limited space in my dehydrator, I decided I am going to make corn tortillas and use them as wraps to make raw tacos.  I am going to try to make some raw taco "meat" too if I can. 

On a more serious note, Uncooking101 shared this video on their Facebook wall earlier today.  It's absolutely fascinating.  And explains so much of the mystery of why cancer rates in the US are so much higher than in other developed countries and why childhood food allergies are now so rampant in our country.

It's 18 minutes, but I hope you will take the time to watch:

Scary stuff, but important for us to be aware.  I hope people will take the time to watch it and share so that something can be done to make a difference.

After watching this, I'm really glad the corn I'm using from my raw tacos is organic.

No comments:

Post a Comment