Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 11

Yesterday was a take it easy day.  For some reason, I was really tired yesterday.  

I think it may be my allergies.  Raw diets are supposed to help a lot with allergies, but I think you have to be raw for a long time to really see the results.  Right now, mine are pretty bad, despite still taking Zyrtec every night and doing a nasal rinse twice a day now.   Supposedly I am not allergic to pollens (according to the allergy tests) but my house is no more dusty than usual.   Anyway, last night I made dinner simple.  I just had a green smoothie.

I am seriously thinking of getting a juicer.  Now that I have been doing raw for a while, I can totally get the benefit of juicing.  And now that I don't have my carb cravings anymore, I think I could actually have nothing but juice all day and be totally fine with it.

Speaking of juicing, yesterday I saw this trailer for the documentary "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" ... wow, it was really eye opening as to what you can accomplish by juicing.  I added it to the top of my Netflix queue so I'll get it as soon as it's available to watch.


For dinner tonight, I kept it simple with a zucchini noodles avocado & tomato salad.  I wish I had some fresh basil .... that would have been wonderful.  Instead, I just added a little salt and pepper and a tad bit of olive oil.   It was really nice and fresh!  Also very easy to make - I used my julienne peeler to make the noodles.



I am thinking I might make some flax crackers in the dehydrator tonight.  It would be nice to have some crackers and they cost so much money in the stores when they are really so simple to make.

Well, with that said, I'm going to go hunting for Flax cracker recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment