Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Brownie Bites & Donut Holes

Today I decided to modify the Fudge Ball recipe that I tried a while ago.

The fudge balls were amazing, but I've seen recipes for raw brownies that basically mimic the fudge ball recipe (1/4 cup of cashews, 1/2 cup dates, 1 Tbsp cacao), but the brownie recipes use walnuts instead of cashews.

So tonight I decided to make brownies!!  They turned out fantastic, but either I used too many dates or they needed a greater ratio of walnuts - my "batter" turned out with the consistency of raw brownie batter - super sticky.   I put the batter in the refrigerator for a few minutes before attempting to roll it into balls.  They turned out delicious, but the whole project was just a little messier than it needed to be.  :-)


The brownie bites are on the left - they are rolled in ground walnuts.  The donut holes are on the on the right - they are rolled in a mixture of coconut flour and coconut sugar.  The donut hole idea was inspired from my raw uncooking retreat in Martha's Vineyard.   There we made Raisin Walnut truffles that we turned into donut holes.  I decided to try the idea with the fudge ball/brownie recipe.

Both are the brownie bites and donut holes are delicious so I decided to make equal amounts of both.  I'm getting together with a group of friends and making raw food this weekend.  I quadrupled the recipe and I'm planning to bring some of these yummy treats along to show how amazing, tasty (and simple) raw food can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment