Monday, May 9, 2011

Cleansing

No wonderful food discoveries today.  I'm fasting!!!

Every spring my boss organizes a cleanse for people in our company and other people that he knows who ask him for health advice.  I participated in the fast two years ago.  I was pretty reluctant then and didn't really prepare much for it in advance so I probably had a lot of detoxing to do.

This year, I have been 100% raw for nearly two months prior to the cleanse, so I feel a lot more prepared for it.   The first two days of the fast is a citrus cleanse.   I'm sipping on this tart citrus cocktail right now.   Here's the recipe if you're interested:

  • 13 ounces fresh squeezed lemon juice
  • 42 ounces fresh squeezed orange juice
  • 32 ounces fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
  • distilled water to fill the rest of a gallon container

So far so good!!

After the first two days, we order a cleanse online.  Officially, we are supposed to order Blue Print Cleanse.  I did that last time, but this year I found a great deal on GiltCity.com for their relatively new competior, Cooler Cleanse.   The deal was 40% off, so only $105 (plus shipping) for the three day cleanse.  It's really very similar to Blue Print, so I decided to go for it.  My cleanse will be delivered to the office on Wednesday morning.

Along with the fasting, it was also recommended that we schedule colonics.  I skipped that part two years ago when I did the clenase.

This year though, I thought I'd be a little more brave.  I called/emailed quite a few places today and ultimately decided to go to a more expensive place because I liked the lady when I spoke with her and she's a registered nurse.  For my first time at least, that makes me feel a little better.   I'm going to go on Thursday after work and then have a follow up on Saturday morning.  I hope it's a good experience.  This will definitely be a first for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment